Remember what first attracted you to your home when you bought it? What most excited you? Its most appealing features? Now that you’re selling your home, you will need to look at it as if you were buying it all over again.
Preparing a home well can make a great first impression on potential buyers. An attractive property grabs their attention and gets them excited about finding a home that is well-cared for. Buyers believe they will encounter fewer problems if they buy it, so your home becomes more appealing and stands out from the competition. If you prepare your home correctly, you’ll save time and maximize your selling price.
A good first impression makes an impact on a number of levels. It’s not just the way your house looks to potential buyers, but how it feels and smells to them, how their friends and family will react, how they imagine it would be to live there.
With simple improvements, you can help potential buyers see why your house is right for them.
- Clean, clean, clean everything inside and out, top to bottom
- Cut the clutter by removing unnecessary items
- Lose the personality to let buyers imagine themselves in the home
- Don’t pack the closets and garage, store your stuff instead
- Fresh paint in neutral tones makes a big difference
- Clean or replace carpets
- Make repairs as needed
- Curb appeal is key! Capture their interest before they get out of the car!